Thanks for being part of the New Happy Hour – featuring a total body training routine that took just 20min and then recovery, rejuvenation and repair with great food, drinks with friends. Interactive education helping you say goodbye to cocktails, asprin and everything Big Pharma and Big Food are herding you towards.
20min Training Session
Set a timer for 20min and get moving with joint mobility. Once the timer goes off, relax stop your session and walk around with a steady breathing pattern. Here is the training session we did last night:
- 3 Sun Salutes – Find your easy breathing pattern. Drop into your zone
- 15 squats
- 15 sumo squats
- 15 jumps
- 10 plank rotation
- 30 sec plank
- 10ea back lunges with knee lift
- 10 45 degree front lunges
- 15 heel raises
- 5 – 10sec iso squats
- 3 Sun Salutes
- 10 plank rotation
- 45 second active plank
Recovery and Repair
We immediately hydrated with an 24hr infusion of 64oz distilled water, 8 sprigs organic basil, 1 sliced organic orange and thumb size of peeled organic ginger
Antioxidant, alkaline, anti-inflammatory and gut health
- Orange: the healing properties of oranges have been associated with a wide variety of phytonutrient compounds. These phytonutrients include citrus flavanones (types of flavonoids that include the molecules hesperetin and naringenin), anthocyanins, hydroxycinnamic acids, and a variety of phytonutrients. But it is yet another flavanone in oranges, the herperidin molecule, arguably, the most important flavanone in oranges, has been shown to lower high blood pressure as well as cholesterol in animal studies, and to have strong anti-inflammatory properties. Importantly, most of this phytonutrient is found in the peel and inner white pulp of the orange, rather than in its liquid orange center, so this beneficial compound is too often removed by the processing of oranges into juice. http://remedydaily.com/2016/05/23/10-great-benefits-of-orange-water/
- Ginger: This warm, spicy root adds a little oomph, aids in digestion, reduces bloating and nausea, and settles your stomach. It’s also a natural pain reliever. Unlike ginger tea, which tends to be very strong and somewhat overwhelming, detox water with ginger only has a slight, but very pleasant kick.
- Basil: contains antioxidant-rich volatile essential oils, which are considered hydrophobic. The most common cooking basil used as a fresh herb in recipes is Italian basil, which also boasts numerous health benefits because of it’s high levels of antioxidants, magnesium and vitamins.http://undergroundhealthreporter.com/holy-basil-an-alternative-to-medical-marijuana-treatmen/
Cashews for Protein
A great mineral source, cashews contain 31% of the daily recommended value for copper, along with 23% for manganese, 20% for magnesium and 17% for phosphorus, add to that 12% of the daily recommended value for vitamin K. What does this mean for the body? Studies show that magnesium helps diminish the frequency of migraines, improve cognitive ability, and also lowers blood pressure, which can prevent heart attacks. Copper contains antioxidants that render free radicals harmless. This protects against heart disease and cancer. Enzyme components like tyrosinase convert to the pigment melanin, which provides not just our skin and hair color, but protects our skin from UV damage. Magnesium works with copper to provide bone strength, and with melanin and elastin to provide joint flexibility, giving the nerves just the right tension.
Proanthocyanidins: which contain flavanols that inhibit the ability of cancer cells to divide and multiply, reducing incidences of colon cancer.
Zea Xanthin: This pigment is readily and directly absorbed by our retina, says nutritionist Anju Sood. This then forms a protective layer over our retina which prevents the harmful UV rays
Copper: Helps in the production of skin and hair pigment called melanin, It also enhances hair color and can provide a silky-smooth texture due to the presence of linoleic and oleic acids.
Cocktails – Replace your cocktails, wine and beer with medical cannabis. Get the relaxation benefits without wrecking your internal organs and skin. Instead create repair with:
True Purple Berry from Oasis Medical = A big heavy red wine
Purple Berry is an indica-dominant strain that is a cross of Grandaddy Purple and Blueberry.This is a heavy indica for sure, but many users report that it is less sedative and allows for some mental alertness while providing a strong body buzz. It stays true to its colorful lineage and produces dense green flowers that are streaked with purples and blues, and sometimes pinks and oranges. Purple Berry gives off a sweet smell with just a hint of nuttiness; the taste follows suit with an overwhelmingly Blueberry flavor.
Black Cherry Soda from Oasis Medical = A light chardonnay
Black Cherry Soda is a potent medicine that hits without heavy sedation, making it popular among patients treating severe symptoms throughout the day. A hybrid strain named after its fruity, soda-like taste and unusually dark purple color. This strain has spawned other favorites like Black Dahlia and Ace of Spades, and despite its intensely indica appearance, its effects reach the mind and body in a balance more characteristic of sativa strains.
This week its the New Happy Hour – featuring a total body training routine that takes just 20mi