Dozens of pieces of papers scattered around. Torn pictures out of magazines and cocktail napkins with doodles and notes. Put them altogether and they represent your greatest idea EVER. This one is going to turn the world on its ear. If only you could explain it so it made sense to some one else and even better it would attract investors who wanted to help you make money.
I think all of us have had one or two of these ideas a month. More often than not they fall to the wayside because we simply can’t get it organized quickly and life’s priorities take over. Trying to start and manage projects can be daunting because the task seems bigger than us. You have the ability to succeed you just need the tools and the technique of Mind Mapping is going to change everything for you.
The beauty of Mind Mapping is that it translates from your brain to paper in the exact way you think and requires a very small learning window. It will help you organize your thoughts into cohesive patterns and aid you in discussion, time management, far range planning and productivity.
The five essential characteristics of a Mind Map:
- The main idea, subject or focus is crystallized in a central image.
- The main themes radiate from the central image as ‘branches’.
- The branches comprise a key image or key word drawn or printed on its associated line.
- Topics of lesser importance are represented as ‘twigs’ of the relevant branch.
- The branches form a connected nodal structure.
So pull out those scraps of paper, cocktail napkins, pictures and start Mind Mapping them into a clear vision. Check out our list of the “10 Best Apps to help Organize” for more tools and hints.